Inspired by Star Wars, I gave new life to an old throw pillow.
- pillow form or old throw pillow
- solid green fabric - any kind you like, large enough to cover the pillow plus ears and seam allowance (I used fleece)
- thread matching your fabric
- sewing notions, sewing machine, etc.
- Yoda photo or toy for reference
1. Lay out the fabric, double-layered and right-sides-together. Place your pillow on top. Draw a line on the fabric around the pillow approximately 1 inch from the sides of the pillow. Draw ears. (You can make a paper template if you want them to be perfectly even.) Remove pillow. Pin fabric layers together. Sew around on the lines BUT NOT BETWEEN THE PILLOW AND THE EARS. Leave an opening at the bottom edge for turning and inserting pillow.
2. Trim the excess fabric and turn right side out.
3. Sew around inside the ears and between the ears and where the pillow will go.
4. Insert the pillow and sew the opening shut. DONE.