For my husband's recent birthday, I went with a camo theme, decorating with some store-bought camo party supplies, a roll of camo wrapping paper, and a few military themed items from his collection. I didn't want to focus too much on either armed forces or hunting, as my husband loves them both, so I stuck mostly to just camo, brown, green, and a shot of orange.
A few highlights:
- camo cupcakes
- camo ice cream
- camo party accessories including plates, napkins, and table cloth
- camo wrapping paper wrapped around bottles of water and ginger ale
- pretzel sticks and mint gummy candy leaves displayed in jars
- orange snacks like cheddar cheese, cheesies, and cheese nachos
For the cupcakes, I mixed up a white cake mix and a chocolate cake mix, then divided the batter into four bowls:
1. plain chocolate = dark brown
2. plain white with green food coloring added = green
3. mostly chocolate with some white = light brown
4. mostly white with some chocolate = beige
I then dropped the different colors into the cupcake papers randomly in different sized and shaped drops.
After they were baked, I made up brown (chocolate) icing and green icing and put both into an icing bag to decorate them.
First, I tinted some slightly melted vanilla ice cream with green food coloring.
Then I randomly dropped the green and chocolate ice creams into my container.
Once I was done, I put it back in the freezer to harden.