Thursday, February 2, 2012

Good Morning! Time for a Coke...

What's so good about this morning? you ask.
Well, you woke up, didn't you? my friend's dad would reply.
And he would be right - shouldn't we be glad every morning that we wake up? Shouldn't we be grateful for our warm home and comfy bed and good health? Shouldn't we be happy to simply wake up in a place where we don't have to fear being bombed or shot or otherwise terrorized while we sleep? The simple answer to all of these questions is: we should be. So, good morning!

Some people start their mornings with a cup of coffee or a glass of juice; I start mine with a can of Coca-Cola. Gross, right? And unhealthy too. I know. But there is less caffeine in Coke than in coffee and no more sugar in it than many types of juice, so really, what difference is there? Not much. And it's probably my worst habit, and considering the many things I could be drinking/smoking/doing, I don't consider a can of Coca-Cola a terrible vice. Besides, I love it. I love Coca-Cola. I love the taste, the fizz, the logo, the red/white color scheme, the collectibles... You should see my house. I'll post some photos. Bears, cans, tins, salt & pepper shakers, books, Monopoly, lamps, pencils, magnets... I even have a mini Coke machine in my kitchen and a mini Coke fridge in our bar downstairs. I try to limit the collection to a few areas of the house, but it tends to spread... Here's a small sample - just the space above the kitchen cupboards:

2 comments:

  1. So, what inspired you to start collecting Coca-cola stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have collected it ever since I was little. I think it started with some collector cans that I got at a garage sale and grew from there.

      Delete